MOUNT ISA WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY CLINICDR GARTH MCLEOD | DR BENEDICT MACKAY
Weight Loss Solutions Sunshine Coast surgeons Dr Garth McLeod and Dr Benedict Mackay conduct monthly Mt Isa weight loss surgery consultations.
Do you live or work in Mt Isa and are curious about weight loss surgery? Dr Garth McLeod and Dr Benedict Mackay offer Mt Isa weight loss surgery consultations on a monthly basis. Attend your appointment at Mt Isa Base Hospital Outpatients Department.
We perform your surgery at two Sunshine Coast locations. Choose from Noosa Private Hospital or Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital.
We want to provide ongoing support and every opportunity for lasting results.
It is important to us that is as easy as possible for our patients to look after their health. That’s why we conduct Mt Isa weight loss surgery consults. By coming to you, we will dramatically decrease travel time for your pre-operative and post-operative appointments. Our experienced bariatric dietitian is also able to perform Skype consults directly to your home. We hope this service provides you with the tools to achieve your weight loss goals.
Why will you perform my surgery on the Sunshine Coast?
- Buderim Private Hospital and Noosa Private Hospital meet the standards that we expect to manage complex surgical procedures such as those performed for weight loss.
- These hospitals are Level 6 surgical hospitals with intensive care units
- Both hospitals have a high-volume bariatric service. This leads to experienced anaesthetists, theatre staff, medical consultants, ward staff and dietitians. This is imperative for the safety of our patients.
- It has been proven that patient outcomes (including safety and long term results) are better when surgery has been performed in high-volume bariatric centres.
- Two surgeons will perform your operation. Both surgeons live on the Sunshine Coast and this means our team are available around the clock for peri-operative support.
Our surgical team, are Dr Garth McLeod and Dr Benedict Mackay. They perform all bariatric surgeries including:
- Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy;
- Laparoscopic gastric bypass, both Roux-en-Y and Single Anastamosis;
- and Laparoscopic adjustable gastric band
- as well as intra-gastric balloon (endoscopically placed)
Our surgeons are fully qualified general surgeons with further sub-specialty training in bariatric and upper gastrointestinal surgery. Both trained in high-volume specialist bariatric centres in Brisbane as well as interstate and overseas. The Weight Loss Solutions Sunshine Coast surgiclal group perform all operations as a surgery team of two. This means you get the unique benefit of two qualified specialist surgeons during your operation.
A Multi-Disciplinary Focus to Weight Loss
Weight Loss Solutions Sunshine Coast offers a team approach to weight loss. We believe you are more likely to have lasting results when health professionals work together. Your outcomes are greatly improved because you have access to a team of:
- Exercise Physiologists
- and Dietitians
We can integrate our surgical care with these services for Mt Isa patients receiving pre and post-operative treatment. Find out more about our surgical team, or contact us below.
Where are you?
Mount Isa Hospital – Outpatient Department
30 Camooweal St, Mount Isa QLD 4825
How do I book?
Ph 07 5353 7100
Fax a Referral
07 5353 7104