MAROOCHYDORE BARIATRIC CLINIC: DR GARTH MCLEOD
Weight Loss Solutions Sunshine Coast surgeon Dr Garth McLeod consults in Maroochydore and operates at Noosa Private Hospital and Buderim Private Hospital.
Dr Garth McLeod provides weight loss surgery consultations at the Maroochydore Specialist Centre (Plaza Business Centre). Dr McLeod is an experienced general and bariatric surgeon. He can help you find the right procedure to suit your unique situation, providing comprehensive bariatric surgical services.
- gastric bypass (both Single Loop and Roux-en-Y)
- gastric sleeve
- revisional surgery
- intra-gastric balloon
Dr McLeod shares the Weight Loss Solutions Sunshine Coast approach of providing 24-hour/7 day surgical care following your procedure.
A multi-disciplinary focus to weight loss
As a Weight Loss Solutions Sunshine Coast surgeon, Dr McLeod offers a team approach to losing weight after surgery. We believe you are more likely to have lasting results when health professionals work together. Your outcomes are greatly improved because you have access to a team of:
- Exercise Physiologists
- and Dietitians
We can integrate our surgical care with these services for every chance at lasting weight loss. Find out more about Dr McLeod and his team, or contact us below.
Where are you?
Maroochydore Specialist Centre,
Plaza Business Centre,
Suite 24, 27 Evans St,
Maroochydore, QLD 4558
How do I book?
Ph 07 5353 7140
Fax a Referral
By appointment 8:30 am – 4:30 pm Monday to Friday
Drop us a Line
About Dr Garth McLeod’s Maroochydore bariatric team
Dr Garth McLeod
Bariatric and General Surgeon
BSc, BHB, MBChB, FRACS
Dr Garth McLeod is a general and bariatric surgeon with subspecialty training in obesity and metabolic surgery. He offers a full suite of options for the treatment of obesity and metabolic disease. He operates at Noosa Private Hospital and Buderim Private Hospital. Dr McLeod conducts consults here in Maroochydore, as well as in Tewantin, Gympie, Hervey Bay and Townsville.
Graduating from Auckland University School of Medicine in 1998, Dr McLeod spent over ten years working in Surgery and Emergency Medicine. He began advanced surgical training in 2010 and completed this in 2014 when he was admitted as a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in the specialty of General Surgery.
Dr McLeod then went on to complete a subspecialty Fellowship in Bariatrics with Dr George Hopkins in Brisbane in 2015. This practice has a high-volume caseload, with more than 500 bariatric procedures conducted every year, and comprising a broad range of cases. This included primary cases, revisional and complex cases both within Brisbane and interstate.
Health professionals we work alongside
Dr Melanie Farr
Weight Loss General Practitioner
BMedSc, FRNZCGP, FRACGP
About Dr Farr
Dr Melanie Farr is a General Practitioner with a subspecialist interest in obesity. Dr Farr is certified by the Strategic Centre for Obesity Professional Education (SCOPE). SCOPE Certification is the only internationally recognised certificate in obesity management and is awarded by the World Obesity Federation.
She offers a private practice specifically for patients who require ongoing medical support for the treatment of obesity. This includes both Bariatric General Practitioner services for pre-operative assessments and post-operative care. As well as Medical Weight Loss services.
Dr Farr is available for consultations by appointment at the Maroochydore clinic. with telehealth consults also available.
Dietitian, Nutritionist and Diabetes Educator
BNutrDiet, Grad Dip Diabetes Edu.
Kirrilee has a broad range of clinical experience consulting to both Buderim Private, The Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital and her private clinics. Kirrilee is passionate about helping individuals achieve their goals by using realistic and personalised nutrition advice guided by evidence-based best practice. Kirrilee enjoys empowering and supporting clients to make positive, delicious, nutritious and healthy lifestyle changes.
Her specialist areas include:
- weight loss (bariatric) surgery
- gastrointestinal disorders and surgery
- heart disease
- kidney disease and malnutrition.
MPSYCH (CLIN), DipEd
Nicole is a Clinical Psychologist with 25 years of experience. She enjoys supporting bariatric surgery clients successfully go through the surgery process and achieve the best long-term results possible.
Nicole can conduct pre-operative psychological assessments in a comfortable setting, in order to:
- Identify any concerns and/or risk-factors in relation to the surgery itself as well as adjusting to life after;
- Making sure you fully understand surgery, risks and management strategies and that you have the ability to access relevant information;
- Discuss social supports and post-operative weight management plans, identifying any extra support that you may need;
- Provide a safe and confidential space where you can openly discuss concerns;
- Identify any current or previous mental issues for which you may wish for some additional support or psychological treatment; o
- Discuss strategies for any identified concerns so that you can be as successful as possible, following surgery.
- Psychological services for bariatric surgery
- Post-traumatic stress and trauma
- Depression, anxiety and phobias
- Complicated grief
- Sleep difficulties
- Emotional difficulties associated with physical pain or injury
Nicole utilises the following evidence-based therapies:
(If you would like further help following your pre-operative assessment, depending upon your needs and preferences)
- Cognitive behaviour therapy and problem-solving with practical strategies;
- Mindfulness-based therapies to promote relaxation and greater wellbeing;
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR therapy) for helping with any history of trauma including PTSD, but also previous experiences of bullying and other childhood or adult neglect and abuse which continue to be triggered and causing disturbance in the present;
- Biofeedback to help manage your own level of physiological arousal on an ongoing basis.
- Master of Clinical Psychology
- Level 1 Practitioner training in Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy with the Australian Institute of Applied Mindfulness (AIAM)
- Consultant (EMDR Association of Australia) and Facilitator (EMDR Institute) for EMDR therapy training in Australia.
- Diploma of Education
- Hypnosis 100-hour training with Michael Yapko
- Australian Psychological Society (APS)
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Member of Psychology of Eating, Weight & Body Image Interest Group, APS.
- EMDR Association of Australia • EMDR Institute (International)
- International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation
How can we help you?
Why not make a time to chat with us about your health goals.