HERVEY BAY OBESITY SURGERY CONSULTATIONS
Weight Loss Solutions Sunshine Coast surgeons provide Hervey Bay obesity surgery consultations.
We are pleased to provide Hervey Bay obesity surgery consultations for patients on the Fraser Coast and Wide-Bay Burnett regions. Our surgeons offer monthly consultations in Scarness, Hervey Bay.
We perform your surgery at either of our two Sunshine Coast locations. Choose from Noosa Private Hospital or the Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital.
We Want to Provide You With Every Chance Possible For Lasting Weight Loss
By coming to you, we will dramatically decrease travel time for your pre-operative and post-operative appointments. Our experienced bariatric dietitian is also able to perform Skype consults directly to your home. We hope this service provides you with the tools to achieve your weight loss goals.
Why is your surgery performed on the Sunshine Coast?
- Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital and Noosa Private Hospital meet the standards that we expect to manage complex surgical procedures such as those performed for weight loss.
- These hospitals are Level 6 surgical hospitals with intensive care units
- Both hospitals have a high-volume bariatric service. This leads to experienced anaesthetists, theatre staff, medical consultants, ward staff and dietitians. This is imperative for the safety of our patients.
- It has been proven that patient outcomes (including safety and long term results) are better when surgery has been performed in high-volume bariatric centres.
- Two surgeons will perform your operation. Both surgeons live on the Sunshine Coast and this means our team are available around the clock for peri-operative support.
Sunshine Coast Surgeons Trained in Australia and New Zealand
Our surgical team, are Dr James Askew and Dr Garth McLeod. They perform all bariatric surgeries including:
- Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy;
- Laparoscopic gastric bypass;
- and Laparoscopic adjustable gastric band
- as well as intra-gastric balloon (endoscopically placed)
Our surgeons are fully qualified general surgeons with further sub-specialty training in bariatric and upper gastrointestinal surgery. Both trained in Brisbane and in high-volume specialist bariatric centres.
They perform all operations as a surgery team, regardless of which surgeon or Sunshine Coast hospital location you choose. This means you get the unique benefit of two qualified specialist surgeons during your operation.
A Multi-Disciplinary Focus to Weight Loss
Weight Loss Solutions Sunshine Coast offers a team approach to weight loss. We believe you are more likely to have lasting results when health professionals work together. Your outcomes are greatly improved because you have access to a team of:
- Exercise Physiologists
- and Dietitians
We can integrate our surgical care with these services for Hervey Bay/ Fraser Coast and Wide-Bay Burnett patients receiving pre and post-operative treatment. Find out more about our surgical team, or contact us below.
Where are you?
PLEASE NOTE OUR NEW ADDRESS
127 Torquay Road
Scarness, QLD 4655
How do I book?
07 5353 7150
Fax a referral
07 5353 7151
PO Box 836, Buddina. Queensland. 4575.
9:00 am – 12:30 pm Monday to Friday
Fridays on a monthly basis.
Your enquiry is important to us. If you contact us outside of our regional office hours, we will contact you as soon as possible on the next business day.
If your matter is regarding any post-operative concerns, please use the after-hours pager number provided upon hospital discharge or contact your GP.
In the event of a medical emergency present to your nearest emergency department dial 000.